iPhone 5 Fun – Tutorial & Support
Phone 5 Fun Commercial - Documentation
1. Font used in the video is Myriad Pro.
2. The music track is by SoundFix and you can purchase it from here.
3. There is a video tutorial included! Don't miss it..
6 Main steps to modify the template
I recommend changing the resolution to Quarter or Third. That will ensure you will get a smoother workflow.
1. Change the colors
- Go to the project window, and open the folder called *Change this. Inside it, you'll find a composition called Background color – open it. Now you can choose between 15 preset backgrounds, or create your own custom background.
Colored lines color
- Go to the *Change this folder, and open the Color settings composition. Here you can change the colors for all the colored lines in the video. Click on one of the colored boxes, and in the effects control, select a different color instead. You can scrub through the video to see the changes.
2. Replace white & black Phones
- Select the 3 green Phone layers in the timeline. Next, go to the Phones folder inside the *Change this folder. Hold Alt on PC or Option on MAC, and drag Phone White into the compositions.
3. Inserting your media
- Two options:
1. Scrub through the video and when you get to a media placeholder, double click on the Yellow layer in the timeline, and then double click on the pink layer, where the time indicator is.
Next, import your media and drag it into the composition. For the horizontal media, you need to rotate it -90 degrees.
Same goes for the Vertical media. Double click the yellow layer, then the pink, insert you media and drag it in. This time you don't need to rotate the media.
2. Or, go to the *Change this folder, and then open up the Media content folder. You can then open up each composition and place your media inside.
- You need to insert the logo twice. Once for inside the Phone's screen and the Phone's back cover, and the second time for the End scene.
- Go to the *Change this folder and open Your logo composition. Import your own logo and drag it inside the composition then scale it so it's fits the comp. Finally, delete or hide the other layers.
- For the end scene, go to the Media content folder and double click on the End logo composition. Import your vertical logo and place it in the composition. If you don't have a vertical logo, place your first logo here, or any custom text.
Phone Back Cover Text
- Go to the *Change this folder and open the Your Text and the Custom text and Website compositions. Then insert your own text.
4. Changing the text
- Scrub through the video and stop where you want to change the text. Double click on the pink layer where the time indicator is, and replace the text.
- There are two text compositions which are marked in a lighter pink color. For those compositions, you need to double click them to enter them, and then change the text inside.
Adding the music file:
- Purchase the music from SoundFix here.
- Import it to After Effects
- Open *Change this folder
- Open the Music composition
- Drag the music into the composition
· If you are using a different song, drag it directly into the main composition (Phone Fun - Full HD), and not into the music comp.
That's it, you're done!